Thursday, July 29, 2010

Working Introduction

I've finally stop mucking around with the characters and their personalities and have just started to write. Here's a snippet of my progress as of now:


I’m the kind of person that lives with one foot in the past and the other in the present.
         I try not to be, but I’m beginning to think it’s unavoidable. Every time I try to lift my feet, they catch on something. That thing holds me there, and I tug and tug until it suddenly releases me and I fall flat on my face, breaking my glasses. And when I get up again, my feet are still in the same spot they were to begin with, and I’m short 300 bucks.
        Everyone has a reason to dwell on the past, to remember things that are better left forgotten, I know. I’m not really any different from anyone else on this planet, after all. Everyone in this world has at least one event that haunts them, that makes them who they are for the rest of their lives.
       Mine happened when I was seventeen.


I know, I know. It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment